We usually meet on the first and third Sunday of each month from 1 to 3 pm. Check the Upcoming Events column on the home page to make sure.
Donations are gratefully received in exchange for the gifts provided at this group.
What is Nonviolent Communication (NVC)?
NVC, as defined by its founder Marshall B. Rosenberg, is “an integration of spirituality and concrete tools to manifest that spirituality in our lives, in our relationships, and in our political activities (tools and consciousness)“. NVC was named “Nonviolent” in the tradition of Mahatma Ghandi and, according to his grandson Arun Ghandi, means “allowing the positive within you to emerge. (To) Be dominated by love, respect, understanding, appreciation, compassion, and concern for others rather than the self-centered and selfish, greedy, hateful, prejudiced, suspicious, and aggressive attitudes that usually dominate our thinking.”
Terri Moon, MS, is your drop-in group facilitator. She has been practicing NVC since 1996, is a graduate of the 2005 Bay Area Leadership Training program, and has facilitated NVC experiences on four continents around the world.
Our format consists of roughly an hour of video training followed by roughly and hour of empathy practice. The video shown is one of eight parts of an intermediate training with founder Marshall Rosenberg called “Making Life Wonderful.” The second hour of the group consists of a circle of participants who are interested in learning, offering, and/or receiving empathy as Nonviolent Communication (NVC) suggests.
All are welcome, whether you’ve never been to a NVC training or if you have years of experience practicing the model and consciousness. Bring any life concerns and receive support or come learn and practice your empathy skills with others. Whether you need support or want to provide it to others, I predict you’ll revel in the sweetness of connection and presence this safe setting offers.
Benefits of attending include:
• Learn negotiation skills to support ease in all your relationships-with yourself, partners, family members, co-workers, neighbors or roommates.
• Transform your perspective on conflict and experience courage and connection
• Eliminate negative self-talk and experience confidence and peace-of-mind
• Reduce competition and experience harmony, safety, and win-win outcomes
• Align with your values and experience satisfaction, joy, and fulfillment
Attending this group provides life-changing support, especially for the following individuals:
• Stressed out managers, employees, and concerned family members
• Folks in search of their life-purpose or who are longing to make a difference in the world
• Those who are burned-out, exhausted or hopeless and want to restore energy and passion
• Those who are bored and want to learn and grow
• Couples who long to deepen connection and intimacy
For more information, contact Terri Moon at 707-709-8574.